HEALTH & REHAB FACILITY
Services include 24-hour skilled nursing care, physical, occupational, respiratory, and speech-language therapy, secure memory units, group and individual activities, and transportation to medical appointments.
"Congratulations on achieving national distinction at Lemay Avenue Health and Rehab! This is a well deserved honor for you and all of your staff.
Just this past weekend my sisters and niece from the northeast visited our mother at Lemay. They spent hours enjoying time with her in both her room and the beautiful sitting areas. They were comforted and pleased to see the great tenderness, humor, and professionalism of each staff person who interacted with them and my mother.I took my mother and my family for an outing to Estes Park on Monday. The staff graciously prepared our mother for her outing and warmly welcomed her home later in the afternoon.
All of my family members have a great deal of experience in long term care. We are keenly aware of quality, person-centered care and appreciate the extra measures that management takes to ensure that for all residents.
On behalf of my family, I thank you for the sensitive care and oversight you provide for our mother."
- Family Member
4824 South Lemay Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80525
- FACILITY AMENITIES
- 5 sun rooms
- Game Room
- TV Room
- Sports Bar
- Computer Rooms (2)
- Barber / Beauty Shop
- 2 dining rooms
- 2 private dining rooms seating up to 15 people
- 2 courtyards with walking paths, seating, and umbrellas
- 3 bath houses
- Resident personal security system
- Snack and beverage centers
- SMART fire alarm system
- Covered entrance
- Fully landscaped
- SECURE MEMORY CARE
- Sun room / dining room / living room
- Secure walking path and seating
- AMENITIES IN ALL RESIDENT ROOMS
- Shower with heat lamp
- Private sink
- Piped-in oxygen
- Flat screen television with cable and DVD player
- In-house phone system
- Fiber optic data line for Internet access
- Mechanical lifts in the ceiling in each room to assist residents with transfers in the room, bathroom, and bath houses
- NURSING CARE
- Nursing care is provided by Registered Nurses (R.N.), Licensed Practical Nurses (L.P.N.), and Certified Nursing Assistants (C.N.A.). Skilled nursing care is provided, including medication administration, laboratory work, intravenous therapy, treatment of specific skin issues, tube feedings, and unstable medical conditions. Assistance in activities of daily living is provided, including bathing, dressing, mobility, and eating.
- Our Medical Director oversees the physician and the nurse practitioner services for compliance with regulations and appropriateness of services provided. It is the responsibility of the resident/responsible party to obtain a Primary Care Physician who must visit the resident at Lemay Avenue Health & Rehab Facility.
- NURSE PRACTITIONER
- A nurse practitioner is a Registered Nurse who has advanced education and clinical training in a health care specialty area. The nurse practitioner works in collaboration with the resident’s physician to treat medical issues. The nurse practitioner has the authority to prescribe medications.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY
- Our Physical Therapy programs include gait, transfer assessment and balance training, wheelchair positioning and mobility, endurance exercises, range of motion, prosthetic and orthotic training, manual and soft tissue mobilization, wound care, home assessments, and family education. On-site treatments may include moist heat, ice, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and wound care.
- RESTORATIVE NURSING
- Our Restorative Nursing program fills the need in some cases between active therapy and normal assistance provided during care by nursing staff. This program is designed for residents needing a functional therapy skill, but not requiring the daily skills of a licensed therapist. Restorative Aides perform functional therapy, including ambulation, range of motion, exercises, dressing, hygiene, hearing aid use, and assistance with eating.
- SPEECH/LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
- Speech/Language Pathologist may provide assistance in eating skills, cognitive training, swallowing, expressive language, receptive language, speech, voice training, aural rehabilitation, alternative communication systems, and memory strategies training.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- Our Occupational Therapy programs include assessment and training in activities of daily living, including grooming, dressing, feeding, and oral skills, tub and shower transfer training, upper extremity strengthening, fine motor skills training, hand splinting, safety awareness training, and energy conservation and work simplification skills.
- REPIRATORY THERAPY
- Respiratory Therapy is available including use of oxygen, respiratory equipment, and medication.
- DIETARY SERVICES
- Special diets such as No Concentrated Sweets, No Added Salt, and Renal Diets may be provided. A variety of consistencies are also available including Ground Meat, Pureed, and Finger Food. A Registered Dietician oversees the resident’s daily dietary needs and requirements.
- ACTIVITIES - LIFE ENRICHMENT
- Our Activity staff provide routinely scheduled activity programming. Activity calendars are available for those interested in participating.
- SOCIAL SERVICES / DISCHARGE PLANNING
- Resident Service staff advocate for residents and enhance problem solving and coping strategies. Community resources are utilized as needed for residents and families.